Our Educational Workshops
We know that foster families are navigating a complex system and unique challenges that come hand-in-hand with caring for children from hard places. We want caregivers to know they are not alone. These workshops can provide specific training & expertise geared towards caregivers affected by foster care. Most of these trainings are held online via zoom, to allow flexiblity for caregivers and families jugging schedules. For in-person trainings, we offer onsite childcare. We offer certificate of completion for caregivers & community members that attend (attendees can turn in certificates to agencies/worksplaces for educational hours *per agency/worksplace discretion).
What to know if you are attending a workshop:
- We need individuals to sign up in advance, you will be provided the zoom link before the event.
- We need individuals to fill out our feedback survey after the workshop has ended, in order to provide a certificate of completion.
- We provide childcare for in-person trainings for youth under 18. We require families sign up two weeks in advance (if possible) to help us figure out childcare numbers. We contract with a professional childcare company, so we have individuals who have a wide variety of experience working with youth & most our caregivers have trainings working with kids who have experienced trauma or have different abilities.
We offer an avergage of 9 workshops yearly (February- November). Some Topics we have done in the past include:
- Caring for Children with Trauma
- Impact of Trauma
- Establishing Relationships between Foster & Biologial Families
- CPR Training Certification
- Navigating IEPs & school support
- Organizing Records & paperwork
- Parental Regulation
- Understanding Court