Our goal is to make life easier on caregivers and provide dignity and needed items to youth. Our Resource Closet provides basic needs! You qualify to submit a request...
If you live in Peoria, Tazewell, or Woodford county AND:
- accepted a new foster placement within the last 30 days
- accepted a new kinship/ relative care placement within the last 30 days
- are a biological family reunified within the last 30 days
- are a teen in foster care that moved into an apartment in the last 30 days ( working an independence goal)
- are a biological family working an intact case plan
Please note:Please do not submit a request until the child has been officially placed in your home. If you need a larger item like a bed for placement to occur, submit a special request or email the Resource Closet Coordinator, Katie Oliger at Katie@fostervillagepeoria.org
Please fill out a seperate form for each child.
Type of Requests:
1. Welcome bags
These include basic needs for a child:
- a couple days worth of outfits
- dental care items
- hair care products
- other tolietries
- Toy or/and comfort item.
- We add additional items like: diapers, wipes, make-up, journals--- when age appropriate.
Fill out a Welcome Bag REQUEST FORM HERE!
2. Special Request Items:
Any item outside the scope of our Welcome Bags. We only allow one special request item per child (due to grant guidelines and funding).
Note: We are happy to help meet needs for one-time unique requests, but must also fall within guidelines above. We require an email confirming the need from your caseworker before we can approve your request. Please have your caseworkers/agency contact email email@example.com to confirm your need.
- Car seat
- High Chair
- Pack n Play
- Infant necessities
- And more
Fill out a Special REQUEST FORM HERE!
(Note: If you live near Peoria Area, but not in those counties, or need additional items- feel free to utilize our Swap & Share Group to find items & resources HERE. )